Welcome

My name is Winston Poindexter and this class, from the moment it was mentioned, has ignited a fire of higher education within me. I have always loved travel and how it catapults your education high into the atmosphere. Going to Costa Rica would have this effect on me, and my goal of enriching my knowledge of the wild. Ever since walking became a regular activity I have been blazing trails, but only blazing. Now this class is providing me with the opportunity to grab the fruit from the trees as I blaze by. I couldn't be happier with the amount of possibility on this class's horizon. I am going to be blogging every week about our classes book and I hope that you will follow my blogging. You can help us get there by donating!


Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Road to the top


Wolf Guindon is a man with many hopes and many ideas. He is a man who knows what he believes and knows what he has to do to fulfill his dreams. He is determined to do what he knows is right for him, for his family and for the world. These attributes are all things that I would say all people strive to have. This is the difference between fully living your life and just sitting back watching the years streak past you. Many people live their lives and die without knowing what they really are, or what they really want. Wolf and I share a strong passion for life. Although I may not know exactly what I'm going to do with my life I have a very strong pull towards being outside, and using my mind to its fullest. My motivation and will will drive me and bring me to the places I want to be.

In chapter three we hear about how the roads leading up to Monteverde Costa Rica had to be constantly worked on. This makes me think of how progress is the name of the game and as long as you are moving forward you are doing what you need to do. The road may be impassible now, but not for long! It is this very way of thinking that powers me through tough times. Walking With Wolf is a very inspiring read, and I recommend it to all my readers! Check it out for your self!

No comments:

Post a Comment